What is Hair Transplantation ?
Hair transplantation is a cosmetic procedure where the bald area is covered with hair,along with its roots, taken from other sites such as back of scalp, beard, chest.
Does Hair Transplantation work?
What is DHT?
How do DHT and FUE differ?
- As the grafts are immediately implanted, the exposure of grafts to external environment (transit time) is reduced from 4-5 hours to few minutes. This improves survival of follicles and better outcome.
- We have revolutionized hair transplantation by the DHT technique. Usage of patented implanters has enabled us to incorporate the No Root Touch technique. Thus, reducing graft damage
- Surgery by DHT technique is shorter by 50% as compared to FUE.
- Chances of graft survival is almost 100%
Is the transplanted hair permanant?
Is DHT more advanced than the FUE & FUT ?
Why DHT over FUE ?
- In DHT , the grafts are planted in the scalp as soon as possible. Since the out of body time is least , the chance of damage by mechanical handling, dessication, chemical and thermal damage is least.
- We also use the special patented implanters which ensures No Root Handling and no chances of crushing the grafts during transplantation.
- DHT technique is done mostly in sitting position where as FUE is done in lying position. Sitting position enables extraction and plantation of grafts simultaneously. Two or more specialists can transplant the grafts from side and front position, reducing the overall surgery time by 30-50%.
- We use the best quality magnification and Carl Zeiss loupes with LED lights with 4-5X magnification. These loupes allow seeing the smallest hair follicles which are likely to be missed by the other loupes and magnification systems. Sometimes the small hair follicles are not seen by low quality magnification and may be damaged. Carl Zeiss loupes prevent the damage of these delicate grafts.
- The surgical team is led by few rare brains of doctors trained from AIIMS, New Delhi. All the major steps are done by the doctors and not left to the technicians, unlike most of the centers.
- At our center, the grafts are always under the vigilant eyes of the doctors. In DHT , the chances of graft damage is least unlike FUE which is primarily done by the technicians.
- We plan the individualized hairline, define the layout, extract and implant the grafts with extreme precaution.
- We attend most of the national and international hair transplantation conferences. Deliver talks in the meetings, seminars, conferences.
Who will be performing the procedure, the doctors or technicians ?
This varies amongst different clinics. It is unfortunate, but there are clinics where only technicians are involved in the surgery. Technicians are not well versed with the artictic aspect of transplantation which is important for a natural looking result.This puts the patient in danger as the technicians are not equipped to handle emergencies.
At DHT, only qualified and experienced doctors perform the surgery. We are committed to providing the best results and patient satisfaction and safety is the utmost importance to us.
HAIR TRANSPLANTATION SESSION
What is the duration of one transplantation session?
What is the number of grafts that can be transplanted in a single session?
Is it possible to transplant 5000 grafts in a single session?
Will sleep be induced to perform surgery? Will I be awake?
POOR DONOR AREA
I have diffusely thin hair . Can hair transplantation be done? Where will hair be taken from?
What does Body Hair Transplantation (BHT) mean?
When grafts are extracted from any body part apart from scalp, it is known as body hair transplantation. BHT is done in cases where adequate hair is not available in back of scalp. It is also donor in cases where we desire to give good density in a high grade of baldness. Hair from beard area is the one most commonly utilized.
In male patients, hair can be taken from beard, chest, underarm and pubic area.
In females, grafts can be extracted from underarms and pubic area only.
When is Body Hair Transplantation done?
- In patients who have scanty thin hair on back of scalp, hair transplantation using body hair is a good option.
- Body hair, along with scalp hair, is also used in cases where we desire to provide more density
- Body hair is also used to repair previous hair transplantation to provide a more natural looking while performing corrective surgery.
POST OPERATIVE CARE AND CARE OF TRANSPLANTED HAIR
How long is the post-surgery recovery period?
Is there any treatment that I need to take after transplantation?
Do I have to restrict my activities?
All normal daily activities can be performed from the very next day. After a period of 7 days, heavy physical exercises can be resumed.
Do I have to take leave to undergo transplantation?
When can I shampoo my hair?
Will I be able to cover my head with a cap or hat?
When can I appreciate hair growth?
When will I be able to cut transplanted hair?
Will I be able to try out different hairstyles?
Does hair transplantation really work? Will it cover my bald scalp?
SIDE EFFECTS AFTER SURGERY
Are there any side effects of hair transplantation?
Are there any perceptible scars after surgery?
Is the process of hair transplantation painful?
No. the procedure is performed under local anesthesia given gently.
TRANSPLANTATION AT AREAS OTHER THAN SCALP
Is facial hair restoration done in your center?
Is restoration of hair on my eyebrows and eyelashes possible?
Will the transplanted hair grow in this area?
REGARDING FEMALE HAIR TRANSPLANTATION
Can females also do hair transplantation?
I have diffuse thinning of hair. Can hair transplantation be done?